Fraternity & Sorority Programs
Fraternity and Sorority Programs
- AOD safety awareness education is provided to fraternity and sorority members at new member orientations, through online modules in the first and third years of membership, within sexual assault prevention & hazing prevention education, through council & individual chapter trainings, and the Safe Spring Break Symposium.
- Fraternity & Sorority Programs staff are trained to facilitate the Alcohol Skills Training Program (ASTP) to all fraternal organizations. This training includes education on polysubstance use in relation to alcohol.
- The Hunter White Health & Wellness program is a peer education health initiative committed to empowering individual responsibility and creating a healthy community founded in memory of UA freshman, Hunter White. Participants enroll in a year's worth of for credit courses related to health and wellness topic including AOD. This course and program are run by a graduate assistant focusing specifically on AOD in addition to other health and wellness topics.
- Ongoing assessment of greek vs. non-affiliated alcohol and other drug trends via the annual Health & Wellness Survey
- Social Events with alcohol must adhere to the Events with Alcohol policy. All new members and chapter officers must participate in policy and procedure training each year. Policy violations are referred to the Dean of Students office or the Greek Standards Board for intervention.