- Step UP! Be a Leader, Make a Difference interdisciplinary bystander intervention training that educates student-athletes to recognize problem situations (e.g., alcohol abuse, hazing) involving their peers and to safely and effectively act on them. (Winner of NASPA Gold Award 2010).
- Education on how AOD relates to Title IX issues including sexual assault and domestic violence.
- Individual meetings concerning AOD policies, enforcement and awareness issues with all athletic teams through the department’s compliance office
- AOD policy and safety awareness education at all new student-athlete orientations (in partnership with the Campus Health Service)
- AOD related presentations in the Student Affairs Studies (SAS) Class - new as of 2015
- AOD discussions in Summer Series to Success (for incoming student athletes who enroll before fall semester begins.)
- Mandatory speakers addressing AOD issues
- Inclusion of UA, NCAA and Arizona Board of Regents AOD policies and enforcement information in the UA Department of Intercollegiate Athletics Student-Athlete Handbook (available at www.athletics.arizona.edu/cats)
- Beginning in Fall 2009, inclusion of AOD related interactive activities during physical exams
- See 2008 Biennial Review Report for further information about the Step UP! Program (NCAA Memorandum re: Step UP! Be a Leader, Make a Difference)